MARNOCH PARISH CHURCH
ABERCHIRDER, ABERDEENSHIRE, SCOTLAND


 

Church of Scotland Logo & Motto 
'Yet it was not consumed'



New Marnoch Church
Main Street
Aberchirder

New Marnoch Church
 

New Marnoch Church is situated close to the eastern edge of Aberchirder, lying together with the Manse, between Main Street and South Street.  It was built in 1842 and is famous for being the first Free Church in Scotland, preceding the Disruption which brought about the formation of the Free Church of Scotland.  A potted history of this church and others in Marnoch Parish can be found here.  A full history is detailed in the book Aul' Kirkers, Free Kirkers and U.P.'s in Marnoch 1792 - 1992, written by Bob Peden.

SERVICES

Sunday morning worship takes place at 10.30am in New Marnoch Parish Church,
followed by coffee and fellowship in the Session Room.

 

New Marnoch Interior
 

New Marnoch Interior
 

Mission Objectives

To Encourage Faith in Christ

Marnoch Parish Church aspires to follow Jesus in bringing the knowledge of Godís love to all

   by loving and serving one another so we grow together in a close Christian Fellowship

   by caring for the needy in our congregation and in the local community

   by reaching out beyond ourselves to the wider world


New Marnoch from the North

CONTACTS

Minister

Rev Dr Alan Macgregor

The Manse
45 South Street,
 Aberchirder,  AB54 7TS

Tel:  01466 781143

Email:  marnochchurch@btconnect.com
 

Session Clerk

Mrs Maureen Calder

51 Main Street,
Aberchirder
AB54 7SY

Tel:  01466 780922

Email:  maureenhcalder@btinternet.com

Beadle

Mrs Alison Mackie

117 North  Street,
Aberchirder
AB54 7TL

Tel:  01466 780442
 

 

MARNOCH CHURCH HALL

The large Church Hall, situated further west on Main Street, was built in 1899.  It can seat 200 and is used extensively by the Church and other local organisations.  Prime uses are for youth groups, coffee mornings, lunches, meetings, functions, and exhibitions.
 

Marnoch Church Hall

Hall Keeper

Mrs Lil Rob

10 Old Road

Aberchirder

AB54 7TJ

Tel:  01466 780333

MARNOCH OLD CHURCH

Marnoch Old Church dates back to 1792 when it replaced the ruinous and inadequate original church which is still evident within the confines of the graveyard on the banks of the River Deveron near Bridge of Marnoch.  The church has been closed for regular services since 1991 but is still available on request for weddings, funerals and special services.
 

Old Marnoch Church
 


Old Marnoch Church
 

Old Marnoch Church Interior
 
Old Marnoch Church Interior
 
Pulpit Communion Table

Beadle

Mrs. Mary Smith

34 Southview Terrace

Aberchirder

AB54 7TE

Tel:  01466 780828


Marnoch Kirkyard with
Old Marnoch Church on the Hill
Marnoch Kirkyard with Old Marnoch Church on the hill beyond

Kirkyard Adjacent to River Deveron
Kirkyard adjacent to the River Deveron

THRIFT SHOP

The church Thrift Shop is operated by a loyal group of volunteers.  All the stock is received by way of donations and therefore good quality items are sold at knock down prices.  Goods for sale include toys, clothing, jewellery, baby items, crockery, ornaments, books, art and much more.

Thrift Shop
Main Street, Aberchirder

Opening Hours

Tuesday & Saturday

10.00 - 12.00
14.00 - 16.00

Contact

Mrs Gladys Christie
'Glenburnie',  Knowes of Elrick
Aberchirder  AB54 7PN
Tel:  01466 780685

Church of Scotland Flag

We are a congregation of caring Christian folk who want to make our Faith relevant to our community in the 21st Century, to the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Close this window to return to Foggieloan Community Groups & Clubs
or
if you arrived here directly from another website, go to our
Home Page

Copyright © 2002 Ė ADCA Aberchirder, North East Scotland.